- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
American Airlines Joins With American Red Cross to Support U.S. Disaster Relief4. may 2011 12:09 | Travel
American Airlines and American Eagle are partnering with the American Red Cross to provide aid to those affected by recent damaging weather. With more than half of the United States affected by a series of severe storms, flooding, tornadoes and wildfires, members of the American Airlines AAdvantage® program can support relief efforts by donating to the American Red Cross to help provide shelter, food and other assistance to victims.
Through May 31, 2011, AAdvantage members will earn a one-time award of 250 AAdvantage bonus miles for a minimum donation of $50, or 500 AAdvantage bonus miles for a donation of $100 or more to American Red Cross Disaster Relief.
"With such widespread devastation in so many areas of the country, help is urgently needed," said Roger Frizzell, American's Vice President – Corporate Communications. "We invite our customers to join us in supporting the American Red Cross to provide much-needed assistance to victims of these disasters, many of whom have lost everything."
Thousands have sought refuge and help from the American Red Cross in the past few weeks, most recently following an unprecedented wave of damaging weather that spawned dozens of tornadoes and left more than 300 dead across six southern states. By donating to American Red Cross Disaster Relief, American Airlines customers can support those affected as they begin to recover and rebuild.
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:17 | Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 08.11.2011 12:15 | Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:36 | Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit