- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
Single Cargo Business for British Airways and Iberia7. may 2011 13:23 | Cargo
Following the merger of British Airways and Iberia, the airlines’ cargo operations will be run as a single business unit reporting into International Airlines Group (IAG), the holding company created by the merger. Both cargo operations will retain their current brands.
The combined business will be one of the 10 largest air cargo carriers worldwide and will be led by Steve Gunning as managing director and Ignacio Díez Barturen as deputy managing director. They were previously managing directors of BA World Cargo and Iberia Cargo respectively.
Steve Gunning said: “This is great news for our customers. Both British Airways’ and Iberia’s cargo operations are highly successful in their own right which is why it’s important that they keep their current brands. However, by creating a single business unit, our customers will benefit from an integrated range of products and access to a wider network. We will have one global network with a single sales contact point in every market and consistent customer experience around the world”.
Ignacio Díez Barturen said: “We can combine British Airways’ network strength in North America, Asia and Africa with Iberia’s in Latin America and both airlines’ significant freighter network. The single business unit also means that we can take advantage of any joint commercial or procurement opportunities and increase the profitability of the overall group. Our ultimate aim is to be better placed to compete successfully on a global scale.”
There will be a small cargo management team within IAG. All other cargo employees will continue to work for their current airline.
Source: International Aviation Group
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:17 | Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 08.11.2011 12:15 | Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:36 | Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit