- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
The Middle Seat Terminal
Southwest Fares Are a Lot More Than Peanuts These Days
When you grow to be the biggest airline for domestic flying, will you still be the low-fare leader?
That’s the question facing Southwest Airlines Co. Many Southwest loyalists have noted that prices have gone up significantly at the carrier, which built its large and loyal following with a potent combination of good service and low prices. You can often find cheaper prices on other carriers, Southwest customers note. When Delta Air Lines Chief Executive Richard Anderson was asked about the impact on his airline of Southwest’s acquisition of Atlanta-heavy AirTran Airways, he noted Southwest had higher prices and higher costs than AirTran.
- 01.11.2011 22:44 | JetBlue apologizes for stranding passengers for several hours on planes over the weekend
- 01.11.2011 22:42 | Picture Perfect Holiday
- 01.11.2011 22:41 | Army gets first re-built and upgraded OH-58
- 01.11.2011 22:39 | ‘Away We Go’, Away You Go!
- 23.10.2011 16:30 | Modern jets and vintage war planes thrill crowds at Alliance Air Show
- 23.10.2011 16:29 | Photos of Malaysian Airlines First Airbus A380 Taking Flight
- 23.10.2011 16:28 | Delta Offers Some Legroom for a Fee
- 23.10.2011 16:26 | Pilots, American Airlines to resume contract talks on Monday, Oct. 24
- 23.10.2011 16:25 | Airline Livery of the Week: Sriwijaya Air and their Boeing 737-200s
- 23.10.2011 16:24 | How Do You Go The Delta Distance?