- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
Towards the Unknown...28. september 2011 10:54
By Tony Weaver
Towards the Unknown was released in 1956 by Warner Bros, and starred William Holden, Lloyd Nolan, and Virginia Leith. From the outset it’s all about test flying at Edwards AFB .The real stars are the Bell X2, and the Gilbert XF120 which has some serious structural problems, and these are discovered by Holden.
The XF 120 is really the Martin XB51 a tactical bomber that lost out to the Canberra B57 for USAF orders. It‘s a great look at flying X planes and life at Edwards, no computer images here. From the F102 as the opening credits roll, roaring into a desert sunset, to the X2 launch its a film tribute to test pilots...Fortunately, it’s just been remastered and available from Warner Bros.
- 01.10.2011 21:29 | Alaska Airlines Route Map
- 24.09.2011 09:24 | Do Not Travel to the These Countries
- 15.09.2011 21:59 | Enjoying Some Time at the Beach
- 13.09.2011 20:35 | 5 Great Tips for Oktoberfest
- 31.08.2011 10:34 | Southwest Airlines Destination Map
- 27.08.2011 09:05 | Sex in the sky?
- 25.08.2011 22:35 | Slut vs. Virgin
- 06.07.2011 21:08 | And I´m Always Saying Trains are More Comfortable!
- 03.06.2011 22:31 | RyanAir Destination Map
- 30.05.2011 18:59 | Example of how bad experience can cost airlines