- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
New Iberia Short and Medium Haul Subsidiary7. ockober 2011 11:40 | Commercial Aviation
IAG's board has approved the launch of Iberia's new subsidiary airline Iberia Express which will operate part of Iberia's short and medium haul network.
The subsidiary is being established to compete effectively in the Spanish domestic and European market. Over time it will look to develop new markets and destinations and strengthen the Madrid hub, creating new jobs for the Spanish economy.
Iberia Express will start operations in summer 2012 offering business and economy seats at competitive fares from Madrid Barajas. In addition to direct traffic, it will also provide transfer feed onto Iberia's longhaul network.
The subsidiary will have a single A320 fleet with four aircraft initially and 13 aircraft by the end of 2012. All the aircraft will be sourced from Iberia's existing fleet.
Iberia Express will have lower operating costs than Iberia's loss-making short and medium haul business. The subsidiary will recruit new staff at market rates and have improved aircraft utilisation. Initially, maintenance and ground handling has been awarded to Iberia.
The creation of Iberia Express will not change the terms and conditions of existing Iberia employees or Iberia's existing relationships with Vueling and Air Nostrum.
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:17 | Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 08.11.2011 12:15 | Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:36 | Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit