- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
CIT signs firm order for 50 A320neo aircraft11. ockober 2011 12:12 | Manufacturers
CIT Aerospace, a unit of CIT Group Inc., a global leader in transportation finance has signed a purchase agreement with Airbus for the 50 A320neo family aircraft, which it had committed to at the 49th Le Bourget airshow on 21st June 2011.
This deal brings the total number of Airbus aircraft ordered by CIT since 1999 to 237 comprising 191 A320 Family aircraft (including the 50 A320neo aircraft), 41 A330s, five A350 XWBs of which 144 have been delivered so far.
“This A320neo order with Airbus allows CIT Aerospace to continue to add young and technologically-advanced aircraft to our portfolio, enabling us to provide the modern, fuel efficient aircraft that our customers demand,” said C. Jeffrey Knittel, President of Transportation Finance at CIT.
“This latest order from CIT underscores the leasing market’s continuing strong appetite for modern, fuel efficient and reliable aircraft”, said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, Customers. “In the short to medium haul segment, the A320neo family with 15 percent lower fuel consumption, is not only good for business but also for the environment”.
Close to 7,700 A320 Family aircraft have already been ordered and more than 4,700 delivered to more than 330 customers and operators worldwide reaffirming its position as the world’s best-selling single-aisle aircraft family. The A320neo has over 95 percent airframe commonality making it an easy fit into existing fleets while offering up to 500 nautical miles (950 kilometres) more range or two tonnes more payload at a given range.
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:17 | Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 08.11.2011 12:15 | Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:36 | Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit