- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
Air Pacific selects versatile A330 for fleet renewal and growth25. ockober 2011 12:14 | Manufacturers
Fiji’s national carrier, Air Pacific, has selected Airbus aircraft to renew and to grow its fleet. After a thorough evaluation of several different aircraft, including the B787, the carrier has signed a firm contract to buy three new A330-200 aircraft to replace its existing fleet of B747s and B767s with newer, more fuel-efficient aircraft delivering the lowest operating costs and highest productivity in its category.
The A330-200 aircraft will be delivered in 2013 and operated from Fiji on trans-Pacific routes to Los Angeles and throughout the Asia-Pacific region to Hong Kong, Australia, and New Zealand.
“The A330 is the most versatile and fuel-efficient aircraft in its category today, and it is clearly the best aircraft for modernising our fleet, optimising our network, and ensuring future growth opportunities as we position Air Pacific to be the preferred airline in the South Pacific,” said Dave Pflieger, Managing Director and CEO of Air Pacific. “We are confident that our customers and visitors to Fiji will be excited about the outstanding comfort and capability of these outstanding new aircraft.”
“The A330 is without question the most eco-efficient, wide-body aircraft in its class. Outstanding reliability, fuel efficiency and low operational costs have made the aircraft a favourite with operators and customers around the world. We are delighted to welcome Air Pacific as a new Airbus customer, and we look forward to being part of their development and growth,” said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, Customers.
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:17 | Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 08.11.2011 12:15 | Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:36 | Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit