- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways7. november 2011 12:36 | Manufacturers
Boeing celebrated the delivery flight Thursday of the first 747-8 Freighter for Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. The delivery is the first of nine 747-8 Freighters Atlas Air has on order. Atlas Air's 49 percent subsidiary, Global Supply Systems (GSS), will operate the new freighter for British Airways World Cargo through a five-year wet-lease agreement.
"We have been looking forward to the delivery of our first 747-8F for a long time, and we are delighted that it is going into service with our valued, long-standing customer, British Airways World Cargo," said William J. Flynn, president and chief executive officer of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc.
As part of the lease agreement for three 747-8 Freighters with GSS, British Airways World Cargo will utilize the airplanes on long-haul routes to cargo hubs in Asia, Africa, India and the United States.
"The addition of the 747-8 Freighter to the fleet is an important step in our overall long-haul business strategy," said Jude Winstanley, senior vice president for IAG Cargo, comprised of BA World Cargo and Iberia Cargo. "The 747-8 Freighter provides us market-leading performance in terms of payload, fuel efficiency, low tonne-kilometer cost and environmental compliance."
Kevin Schemm, vice president of North America and Leasing Sales, congratulated both Atlas Air and British Airways World Cargo on their new freighter.
"The 747-8 Freighter will enable Atlas and British Airways World Cargo to build on their success in the air cargo market," Schemm said. "This airplane will deliver unparalleled efficiency and low operating costs, including double-digit improvements in fuel burn and lower emissions over the 747-400 it will be replacing."
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:17 | Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 08.11.2011 12:15 | Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit
- 01.11.2011 12:13 | Qantas flights resumed