- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production8. november 2011 12:15 | Defense
The Boeing Company has submitted a proposal to the U.S. Army for a multiyear contract for the production and delivery of 155 CH-47F helicopters.
"This second multiyear contract proposal will provide not only the vertical lift capability that warfighters use and need every day, but also will generate hundreds of millions of dollars in savings for taxpayers and the U.S. government," said Leanne Caret, Boeing vice president, H-47 Programs. "With this contract Boeing, and its partners in more than 45 states, will be able to negotiate longer-term agreements with suppliers, make necessary investments in production tooling and processes, and more effectively plan for capital expenditures."
The H-47 program is halfway through its first multiyear contract, awarded in August 2008, for 191 CH-47F Chinook aircraft and originally valued at $4.3 billion. This second five-year, firm fixed-price proposal would provide the Army with close to the full complement of 464 Chinooks outlined in the Department of Defense program of record for the CH-47F helicopter. The new contract will yield double-digit percentage savings over a single-year procurement strategy.
Since completing the first CH-47F production aircraft in August 2006, Boeing has trained and equipped eight U.S. Army units and is in the process of equipping the ninth. Six units have completed deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, where the helicopter has logged nearly 70,000 flight hours and maintained an operational readiness rate of over 85 percent conducting air assault, transport, medical evacuations and support operations.
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:17 | Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:36 | Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit
- 01.11.2011 12:13 | Qantas flights resumed