- Special Reports
- Aircraft of the week
- Airport of the week
- Airline of the week
- Aviator of the week
Southwest Airlines Reports October Traffic8. november 2011 12:17 | Commercial Aviation
Southwest Airlines Co. today reported October 2011 combined traffic results for Southwest Airlines and AirTran. AirTran became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines Co. on May 2, 2011.
The Company flew 8.7 billion revenue passenger miles (RPMs) in October 2011, compared to 8.4 billion combined RPMs flown in October 2010, an increase of 3.5 percent. Available seat miles (ASMs) increased 4.0 percent to 10.7 billion from the October 2010 combined level of 10.3 billion. The load factor for October 2011 was 81.4 percent, compared to the combined load factor of 81.8 percent in October 2010. For October 2011, passenger revenue per ASM (PRASM) is estimated to have increased approximately six percent as compared to October 2010's combined PRASM.
For the first ten months of 2011, the Company flew 87.4 billion combined RPMs, compared to 81.3 billion combined RPMs flown for the same period in 2010, an increase of 7.5 percent. The combined year-to-date ASMs increased 5.7 percent to 107.9 billion in 2011, compared to the combined level of 102.1 billion for the same period in 2010. The combined year-to-date load factor was 81.0 percent, compared to the combined load factor of 79.6 percent for the same period in 2010.
- 08.11.2011 12:20 | Third Airbus Military A330 MRTT handed over to Royal Australian Air Force
- 08.11.2011 12:15 | Boeing Submits Multiyear Contract Proposal to US Army for CH-47F Chinook Production
- 08.11.2011 12:13 | Delta Air Lines Reports October Traffic
- 07.11.2011 12:38 | IAG and Lufthansa Agreement in Principle on BMI
- 07.11.2011 12:36 | Boeing Celebrates 747-8 Freighter Delivery with Atlas Air and British Airways
- 07.11.2011 12:34 | Alaska Airlines Launching Biofuel-Powered Commercial Service in the United States
- 07.11.2011 12:33 | American Airlines Reports October Traffic
- 01.11.2011 12:17 | Boeing Delivers Cathay Pacific First 747-8 Freighter
- 01.11.2011 12:15 | US Airways Reports Third Quarter Profit
- 01.11.2011 12:13 | Qantas flights resumed